Saturday, November 17, 2007

What A Fine Day



Achieving a horrible benchmark in my life, today I put in the order for my first pair of bifocals. On the suckitude meter, this ranks way up there. Adding to this, I had to get into my footlocker of old Iraq crap to find my heavy-duty knee brace after nearly getting dropped to the floor walking through my kitchen. There's nothing like the completely unexpected sensation of someone trying to remove your kneecap with a prybar to get your attention. Given past experience, this means two to four weeks of random intense pain until something settles back into the correct alignment. Who would've thought wandering through a frozen snow-covered marsh / compass course getting ready for a desert deployment might result in an injury? What are the odds?

Getting old sucks balls.

No comments: