Saturday, February 13, 2010

Are We Having Fun Yet?

From 0700 until about 1900 hrs today, I mucked about (as the radiologist's minion) inside someone's femoral bypass graft in an attempt to clean out the jelly that used to be blood inside it, so the patient could keep the leg. Do I know how to party or what?

Between cardiac defibrillator placements and nasty vascular anatomy interventions, I'm starting to think the active-duty training before deploying to Afghanistan is practically going to be a vacation.

2 comments:

Charlie Sherpa said...

You certainly have a way with words ... and pictures, too! I apologize for not following up as quickly as I'd planned to our original comments-exchange. I also apologize if I'm about to repeat a question. (I'm new to this maintenance of an alternate reality / alter ego thing.) Could you zap me an e-mail at sherpa (at) redbullrising.com. I'm looking for fellow red-bull bloggers, so I can link to them, special-like.

Thanks for putting RBR in your blog-roll, by the way. I just spent an enjoyable afternoon here in Fort Indiantown Gap, Penn., ("ARRRHHMEE training, SIR!") checking out your other blog-recommendations. I feel like I'm in pretty heady company. I'll try to be worthy of your endorsement ...

MauserMedic said...

Ah, FIG. Last time there was 2002. One of the better ATs I've had. An e-mail is outbound....