Thursday, May 10, 2012

Some New Old Music

The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, with a slew of fine old-time country and bluegrass performers. I'd never heard of this album until I was poking around iTunes looking at some bluegrass. Twenty bucks for what was originally a triple LP that actually had quality performances throughout. And here I'd thought they were a one-hit wonder with "Mr. Bojangles" that I used to hear on Top 40 stations when I was a kid.

Wonder what else I've been missing all these years.

4 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Don't forget "Fishin' In The Dark."

MauserMedic said...

AD,

Gotta check that one; don't know that I've ever heard it.

Anonymous said...

You're kidding right? I still have my original copy from the 70's.

Bob said...

They never went away. Asleep At the Wheel is in the same category of unjustly neglected bands.