Friday, September 14, 2007

Back To The Grind


It's our last night at the campground, and we're pretty much packed up. We took one last ride today, as the weather was pretty nice. As usual, lots of deer, turkey, and beautiful views. On the unusual side, I broke my LCD screen on my camera, the gas gauge on the bike has died, and some pecker in a pickup stopped six inches short of killing my wife today. The skidmarks from his tires where a good eight feet long, and it took a couple minutes before The Wife could move her bike off the shoulder due to the shakes. Dipshit in a pickup took off before I could discuss his driving habits with him while I was checking on her; that was probably a good thing for him and me, as one of us would have been in jail and the other in the hospital.

I decided we'd stop and settle down for a while here:




Lewie's is just south of Deadwood a few miles. Great place, nice deck, lots of different beers. Hung out for a while to let the adrenaline burn off, then back to the campsite to load up the bikes for the trip home:
Yes, we are part-time WHOREs (We Haul Our Rides Everywhere). I quit thinking it was fun to not be able to walk after eight hours in the saddle after riding from Iowa to Arkansas on a vacation a few years ago. I'd like to be able to actually move more than a few feet after getting off the bike, these days.
After loading, it was time for supper. Since I was cooking, it was the supper/breakfast of champions: Pancakes & Jack-

If it's your last night of freedom, you might as well go out in a blaze of booze.

No comments: