Friday, September 21, 2007

Copycats



I'm noticing a trend here. I've been seeing an unusual number of middle aged men coming through my area to have work done on their hearts. They have a variation on the above moustache, the same haircut, a couple of tats, and an exaggerated swagger. They bluster a lot, and try to intimidate the staff.

Until they get into the procedure room.

Then there's shaking, nausea, quivering voices asking if they can be "knocked out" before anything starts, hyperventilating, and vomiting.

Apparently all those biker "reality/builder" shows have really sucked in the guys with big egos and weak minds.

3 comments:

Xavier said...

Yep. You got that right I see at least one a week.

Ride Fast said...

That's fascinating. I haven't noticed this type of poser. I probably need to get out more.

I did see quite a few squids this year though.

Anonymous said...

I noticed that three years ago when my Daughter married one of those losers!

They spend most of their money on accessories: tattoos, muscle shirts, chromed flash for the vehicles... style over substance, subsistence living is ok, as long as they look good going to the bar or the Walmart.

He talked my daughter into selling a nice stainless Colt Officers Model that she got as an "early inheritance" from me. He used the money to buy a used Harley so he could compensate for something or other... and had it repossessed about 4 months later.
He was afraid to shoot the .45 - I guess he could not handle having a wife that knew more about weapons and could out shoot him. Thank G-d he is out of her life and she is learning how to choose reliable, sensible men who are not afraid of a hot chick with brains and guns.