Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Counterpoint

It occurred to me, while I was thinking about yesterday's post, that something was wrong there. As a matter of fact, when I was a younger man, I had an inordinate interest in certain gingers:







As to Lucille Ball: in her younger days, she could rival any of the young ladies in the previous images, and maintained an elegant appearance even when her youth was past.

It appears to me that although there are many very attractive ginger women, it doesn't seem to work for men. Considering the models one sees for television and print advertising, I can't recall seeing ginger males, whereas ginger females frequently show up when there's an implication of something sultry and/or exotic about the product.

As the article more or less stated that it was women selecting donor type, I'm wondering if it's a case of a good percentage of men being attracted to ginger women, but relatively few women being attracted to ginger men?

5 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Two words: Christina. Hendricks.

I'd boil her underwear and drink the broth.

MauserMedic said...

AD-

Indeed, and agreed.

BobG said...

I've always had a fondness for the redheads. No one in my generation could ever forget Ann-Margaret.

Sisu said...

Oh Sweet Hera! I scrolled down to see to what post you were referring, and now my retinas are burned out. Yikes. Lucille Ball was beautiful back in the day as was Katharine Hepburn, in my opinion. I have just enough red that I hoped I'd have ginger kids, and I did for the first year of their lives. Alas, they now just have auburn highlights like their ma. *sigh* I guess I have to hope for grandchildren. I just hope they don't need to avail themselves of a sperm bank, or my chances are shot.

Christo said...

Lucille Ball was a natural Brunette A gorgeous woman no matter what color hair.

Christina Hendricks - a Blonde

Katherine Hepburn- real red head/auburn-I think she was gorgeous in a unique way and nice skinny when skinny was not in.