Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lessee,


Two nights of on-call, then National Guard this weekend, then two nights of call, followed by frantic packing while waiting for a purchaser's home inspection for the next week, call, and then load guns, bikes, and clothes for a ride out to North Carolina to (I hope) a new home in need of some serious rehabbing, and starting a new job and a new chapter of life.

No stress. Because after you've been places where people want to kill you, things randomly go boom, and your possessions consist of two duffel bags worth of stuff, there's not that much that's really that bad if you've got all your limbs and your friends are OK.

But Jim Beam does mellow that nagging concern you might have to live in your cargo trailer for a year or so if things don't work out.

11 comments:

Papa Whiskey said...

Try George Dickel's No. 12. Tastes great and feels better. Of course, the active ingredient's the same ...

Mark said...

I prefer Johhny Walker or Glen Fidditch myself.

Bob said...

What part of NC? If you end up nearby, we need to get together sometime.

BobG said...

"Because after you've been places where people want to kill you, things randomly go boom..."

So, you've been to Chicago?

jon spencer said...

A new National Guard unit too?

Papa Whiskey said...

Said the sailor, "My old standby, spinach
Keeps me in the fight to the finich!
But when the foe is the blues
And it looks like I'll lose
I just go grab a glass of Glenfiddich."

Caol Ila's a right loverly quaff, too.

Julie said...

Well I hope it works out for you quickly ...Jim Beam can get expensive after awhile ...

Julie said...

Well I hope it works out for you quickly ...Jim Beam can get expensive after awhile ...

cmblake6 said...

Hmmm, fair choice.

MauserMedic said...

Papa Whiskey,

I'm open to trying new things.

Bob,

the Rowan County area, most likely.

BobG,

Yes, a long time ago, and I bet it's not any better.

jon,

Nope, I'll be done before June.

NotClauswitz said...

If you get tired of Jim Beam there's always Appleton Estate or Barbancourt!