Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Coincidence Or Culture War?

The shooting in Utah by Sulejman Talovic should be interesting to follow. So far, the possibility of a religious motivation has not been brought up in the MSM that I've seen, but has been mentioned in a numbers of blogs. I'm hoping that his religious history is researched as a possible cause, but I think it won't officially be mentioned for fear of giving offense. Which is a damn poor reason to limit an investigation. Maybe he was a nice All-American boy who finally listened to one too many Marilyn Mason tracks, but these days, I doubt it.

2 comments:

BobG said...

We've been following the research on him here in Salt Lake, and from all appearances, he is just a messed up kid; he had very little to do with the Muslim faith.

MauserMedic said...

Bob, It's a sad day when one has to hope was "just" an individual sociopath. I have to admit that in the case of an individual, I cannot begin to understand the desire to take bystanders with you.

Thanks,

Jim