Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Suprise Day Off


Went into work for a 0700 meeting today, and was told that I could head home when it was done. So now I have a window to try to sell my old beater Jeep, get my dog's ear checked, register my new Jeep, clean my M1891 Mosin-Nagant, lube up some cast .45 bullets, read/respond to two weeks worth of email and finish painting, fitting, and nailing up trim in my upstairs bathroom.

But first, coffee with chicory. I was first exposed to chicory during x-ray school at Fort Sam Houston, TX in the early '90s. I loved that stuff, but wasn't able to find something similar once I was sent up to Ft Lost In The Woods, MO. Sometime later I ran across French Market coffee at a HyVee store. Now it's the only coffee I drink at home, although I'll drink day old gas station coffee away from home it that's what's available. I like mine black, and light shouldn't be able to see more than 1/4 inch below the surface of the coffee. Four mugs of that, then I start on the chores.

No comments: