Tuesday, October 2, 2007

POSers

I'm not sure if this was some kind of stupid protest, or another fashion trend among the idiots. Walking through the gates into the renaissance Saturday, I see a guy in his twenties, wearing BDUs, with a soft cap. I've never seen anyone in uniform at the renfair, and it's a pretty unlikely place for someone to be authorized to do so. Getting closer, I see a chain for one of those trucker wallets hanging out of pocket; when he turns around, I see the whole Che Guevera beard. They both go very nicely with his rank of Major.

Then there was the E-1 Private, in his new ACUs. The only two patches he had were a name and "U.S. Army". The rest of the velcro on them looked like nothing had ever been attached to it, and his spiffy black tennis shoes really set of the uniform:

And then another young guy, running around in BDUs, no cover, and tennis shoes:


This kind of crap begs for judicious application of a large cluebat to the head. Jackasses.

On the bright side, most of what I saw was a lot of people having a good time:





Plus, as I had The Wife's approval, I picked up a new addition to the armory at the blacksmith's. Pictures of that later this week.





1 comment:

Windy Wilson said...

These poser wannabees bring to mind the former Marine I used to work with who would get loudly, confrontational, and ultimately physically assertive if he found someone who appeared to be not physically handicapped parking in the blue spaces. The Retired Air Force Sergeant we worked with explained that it came from him knowing so many wounded vets who needed those spaces more than the mentally handicapped who used them. I think a little interrogation would be in order, and anything that was current uniform ought to be confiscated. even if it is only the trousers and BVD's.
I'll wear OD, but nothing that would resemble current uniform, and never camo. That's too much like decorating oneself in the unearned finery.