Friday, August 22, 2008

"I Respect Your Intellect This Much"



A quick tour of personal character:

''My intent was not to deceive anyone,'' Mr. Biden wrote. ''For if it were, I would not have been so blatant.'' New York Times;

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” Wall Street Journal;

"I've had a great relationship [with East Indians in America]. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans - moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." MSNBC;

“Why is it that Neil Kinnock Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go a university? Why is it that my wife . . . is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not bright? . . . Is it because they didn't work hard? My ancestors who worked in the coal mines of northeast Pennsylvania and would come after 12 hours and play football for four hours? It's because they didn't have a platform on which to stand.” Times Online;

Private gun ownership:

Keep assault weapons ban; close gun show loophole; Source: South Carolina Democratic primary debate, on MSNBC Apr 26, 2007

Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence; Senate vote

Rated F by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun control voting record; NRA

Immigration:

Voted YES on continuing federal funds for declared "sanctuary cities". Senate votes

Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. Senate vote

He's a real winner alright.

No comments: