Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ethics and Distribution


This week's class topic involves them. This is something that's intensely interesting to me, especially as we're seeing a massive shift in philosophy regarding capitalism with the new administration. Doubtless there will be some very interesting discussion threads as we cover this. I tend towards Libertarianism personally, although this is in a broad sense as I haven't deeply studied the topic. One of the ways these classes are beneficial is in refining what I've tended to take for granted since college in the '80s. I'll soon be ordering a copy of Robert Nozick’s Anarchy, State, and Utopia for addition to the home library. As to when I'll find time to read it.........

Update: having read one chapter of the textbook for the week and scarcely now into the second, I'm pretty sure the author is a hippie. The main thing I'm picking up here is the humanity is evil and needs to be saved. Bet I know who he voted for.

No comments: