Saturday, August 15, 2009

Guard Weekend



Spent the day getting a sunburn and practicing punching holes in paper targets from moving Hummers with an M4 airsoft. Doesn't have that wonderful smell of burnt powder the real thing does, but there's no carbon to scrape off a bolt/bolt carrier, and it's a lot more interesting than counting hemostats in medical kits.

Road the bike down to drill (three hours of midwestern wind, sun, and unchanging scenery). Other than a short episode of riding behind what smelled like a heavily loaded cattle truck, not bad. Riding back tomorrow, I'll apparently be heading into some nice heavy rains. So I should have wind, wet, and really hard to see scenery.

That said, I'll log off and commence to putting all my gear inside the bargain garbage bags I bought tonight. Joy.

No comments: