Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shots From The Road


Springtime in Iowa. How could anyone want to live somewhere else, when you have vistas like this?


In all seriousness, midwestern small towns often embody values that I wish we'd see more often in our politicians. This monument may be small, but relative to the size of the town it's in, it wasn't cheap. Especially in terms of the names on it.


You can still find some old gas stations scattered here and there, although most of them have gone through a host of different purposes over the decades.

With a little luck and some time, I'm hoping to get some more riding time and pictures in before deploying. I'm definitely not a photographer, but there are many interesting (to me, anyway) things I run across on the bike; stopping to get a closer look makes the ride even more enjoyable.

No comments: