Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sure, I've Got Sympathy....


just not any for someone dumb enough to annually shut down circulation in a limb because you won't quit smoking.

No, I won't rant about people who do smoke. One, I like cigars; two, I think it's generally the individual's own business what they do with their body.

BUT:

IF you've had portions of your arteries replaced because of abdominal aneurysm from chain smoking since your teens, and decide to keep chain smoking once your healed up;

AND you clot off the graft soon afterwards, requiring lysis and angioplasty to save your limb, then keep chain smoking;

AND you have to have your graft surgically revised when you clot it off again, then keep chain smoking after you're out of the hospital;

AND you come back three more times in less than five years for the same problems for the same reason;

AND your symptoms recur at 0700 in the AM, but you wait until 1900 hrs to show up in the ER;

You're wasting my time.

1 comment:

BobG said...

You have to wonder about some people. I haven't smoked at all since my heart attack; I miss my cigars and pipe, but that attack hurt; no way I want another one of those any time soon.