Saturday, December 8, 2007

Getting Short....


to getting back in uniform for an extended period. During last weekend's drill my departure date was updated to a nearer date. I'll be in at least three different states before heading overseas, then over to another desert. Fortunately, they actually issued me two sets of uniforms and various basic gear. Unfortunately, I still have no field gear, including cold weather equipment, so I have to cross my fingers and hope the state is on the ball before I go. Otherwise, I'll be running around in a mixed lot of obsolete gear every time the temp drops below sixty degrees.


Since time is so short, I've been going through a list of tasks "suggested" by the wife, including having the garage completely squared away. Which is how I've spent most of today, except for finally changing the oil in the bike; it's not too bad draining the old oil once the engine is warmed up, but at nine degrees above zero, pouring the new oil is sloooooooooow when it's left in the garage. Once I park it for storage, that's it until spring 2009. A year without riding. Yay.