Wednesday, December 19, 2007

One More For The Road: Model 1895 Nagant




Another impulse buy. If I'm within 60 miles of a gunshow, I might as well just pull money out of the ATM and go first thing. I managed to restrain myself until Sunday afternoon for this one, but when I actually had to run an errand where I was within a quarter mile of the show, I couldn't resist any longer. This particular revolver was made in 1931, and has been nicely government refinished. It took me a bit to figure out the ejection system on this piece, as most of my revolvers were made after the 1950s, and are considerably more user friendly. Unfortunately I won't have time to order up factory ammo for it before I leave, and given the prices, I'll probably end up using cast bullet handloads when I get home. Something to look forward to, and a way to burnish the reputation at the gun club as "that guy who shoots that weird foreign crap".

No comments: