Wednesday, July 2, 2008

No Guns, No Violence....



....or not.

JERUSALEM - A Palestinian man plowed an enormous construction vehicle into cars, buses and pedestrians on a busy street Wednesday, killing at least three people and wounding at least 45 before he was shot dead by an off-duty soldier.



I honestly don't know whether to regard it as good or ill, but a massive portion of Americans seem to be unable to comprehend that murder is a matter of motivation, rather than means. I have at hand around my desk this moment, at least ten devices not intended to harm anyone that will do the job just fine, although inelegantly. I see very little, if anything, that would stop a determined attack against me without incurring a high risk of injury to me.

And for the alleged lady with a pistol who responded first: Good for you, and practice your anti-armor drills. Two in the torso and a third in the thinker, and you probably won't have that problem of a temporary stop.

No comments: