Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Damn Neo-Hippies



It's transition time at Castle Hundsabbern, which means riding the bike, Jack Daniel's, cigars, and ............ household tasks. One of which is washing the truck. A simple task, normally. Why, all one has to do is wheel out the power washer, top it up, and spray. First, the gas can. Ah, there's one. Must be a new one The Wife purchased while I was gone; the spout looks different. In fact, I've never seen anything like this. Wait, there's directions. I do believe this is the first time I've ever had to read directions to pour fluid out of a gravity-operated container. Let's see, rotate safety catch A clockwise, place catch hook B on rim of tank opening, and press nozzle forward to allow gas to flow into the tank. OK, this is excessive hippieism, but I'll do it and.........there's a circle of gas sprayed all over the floor of my garage, power washer, and me. Pause to allow temper to diminish, and recheck directions. Yep, that's what it says on the tank. Perhaps getting more of the spout deeper into the tank? A gasoline fountain! Lovely. At least the tank of the power washer is now 2/3 full. The rest can evaporate off the floor, and me, while I wash the truck. Guess the cigar is a no-go at this point though. Inadvertently blowing up the garage would be so inconvenient. Although thirty pulls of the power washer starter cord later, blowing something up is starting to have some appeal. But jail time doesn't.

Fine. I'll do it the old-fashioned way, and go somewhere else. But who designs and implements a vapor-preventing gas spout that puts 25% of what goes through it everywhere but the gas tank? I'm pretty sure I just put more fuel into the environment in the last five minutes than I have in the last ten years.

Off to the car wash......






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

MauserMedic said...

cmblake6,
Thanks, nice to be be back.