Monday, June 28, 2010

It's That Time Of The Year Again.........




The official start of the Freedom Rally in Algona is July 1st, which means the park will be filled to near capacity by then. So, the bike is packed with enough crap to look like an a sporting goods/army surplus shop on wheels, and I'm leaving to stake out my space.

Unfortunately, tomorrow I have to drive 3/4 of the way across the state to take part in a mandatory Yellow Ribbon ceremony with the unit that dumped me into my current unit for deployment. Which I wouldn't have a problem with, had they not managed to lose track of all the mandatory tasks I did during months of extra weekends with them, which I ended up having to do all over again during Annual Training. Not Happy With Them. When that wraps up Wednesday evening, I won't be looking back as I leave, but I will be thinking happy thoughts of the upcoming weekend.

And hoping that with a little luck, this year won't be like the last, where middle-aged cellulite was on prominent display everywhere. I still haven't gotten some of those scenes out of my head yet........

No comments: