Monday, July 12, 2010

Dystopia


While cruising my links, I ran across this gentleman's site. His post is terribly depressing, negative, and probably spot on. There are certain economic realities that no amount of political theory will defeat. The Left, especially the element supposedly administering policy in our polity, seems to absolutely refuse recognition of this.
The older I get, the more the general population seems focused on bread and circuses, assuming that all will be well, as those smarter than the rest of us have things well in hand. Anyone with some exposure to history know where this eventually leads, and it's not where the complacent think it will be.
I'm looking long and hard at buying land with a ruined farmhouse on it. Privacy, distance, and arable land are looking better all the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admit.
Heiko

Anonymous said...

... my english is getting worse:
Agree!
And I am looking too
Heiko